Feelings Created by Camera Angles

I commented on both Kelsey and Kelly's camera shots.

On Kelsey's blog I commented that I enjoyed the point of shot because it made me feel as though I was placed inside the person's eyes and looking through that window with them. I thought the over-the-shoulder shot was entertaining to watch because it felt as though I was experiencing the scene with that person. I found the establishing shot enjoyable to watch because it shows the setting, and it brought me in and set the mood, even though the mood was gloomy. I found the low angle shot amusing. The low angle shot made me feel that the characters were larger than they may be in real life. The shot gave me a feeling of disorientation and made it look like the characters were important.

On Kelly's blog I commented that I enjoyed the high angle shot. The shot made me feel like I was an onlooker that was not really involved in the emotion of the shot yet. The low angle shot was also pleasant to watch because it made me feel that the character is bigger than they are in real life. This shot made me feel disoriented because of the angel it was taken at. I found the dolly shot entertaining because it made me feel like something was going to happen to the characters because there could possibly be someone or something behind the camera.The pan shot was enjoyable to watch because it made me turn my head and want to see more. The pan shot made me feel like I was in a virtual reality game because I was able to see most of the scenery.

The different angles created various feelings because each angle gives a different perspective of the characters and/or scenery. After the cinematographer chooses the perfect angle, they have to choose whether or not to add movement and which type of framing. This allows the creator of the movie to add emotional hooks to the film to draw in and keep the audience's attention. Each angle creates a different feeling because it portrays the character in a specific light and/or displays the surroundings in a unique manner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Preparing to Film

Movie Opener Final Draft