Peer Reviews

What I liked
What confused me
Suggestions
The fade in at the beginning was a very nice touch. The suspenseful music kept me wanting to find out more. The 24 hours earlier was a smart factor to add because viewers want to know what caused the mysterious person to follow and eventually poison the girl. Showing how vigilant the killer was was executed nicely.
When the poison was being mixed, it had left me confused. I didn’t know if the girl was mixing it herself or if the killer was mixing it for the girl to come back to. However, I figured the second made the most sense.
Show the killer mixing the poison and have more angle variety. For example, when the main character walks through the plaza into Starbucks she could be shown from the front too. The Killer could be shown from a low angle to highlight his or hers importance/ malevolence.
I really liked the music and the cuts between the two scenes. It made the plot really easy to follow and I understood what was going on.
I wasn't really sure how the girl got poisoned because unless it was in her Starbucks drink, she never drank anything else that could have got her poisoned and we never saw the person in all black poison her Starbucks drink.
I think the main character could leave her drink down somewhere and then we see the person in all black add something to it and then leave and then the main character gets sick, that would just make more sense as to how the main character got sick but it was a good film overall.
I really liked this film opening! I especially liked the parking lot and Starbucks scenes the best. I think the variety of shots, music, and editing techniques were professionally executed. I think the plot development was clear throughout the entirety of the film opening. I also think the end was really well done with the news report.
Not really. I think most of it was pretty obvious to assume, like when Kelly was throwing up in the toilet and you guys flashed the poison and her back and forth, and then she was sleeping on the bed.
Unfortunately, the only criticism I would have for this movie opening is that it is clique. Out of the movie openings from our class alone, I saw at least 3 other stalker type movies. I do not have any major suggestions because I know that we as students do not have the filming equipment, years of training, or production capabilities to make a 5 star film and we were all tying our hardest to keep our film openings from being corny. Other than that, the only thing I could possibly think of to change about your film is the scene of Kelly coughing in her bedroom before she throws up. The viewer may be confused as to why she is coughing before we know that she was poisoned, and we do not see her drink the poisoned water. I would just say maybe show the poison being mixed in the drink, Kelly taking a sip then coughing and throwing up. If you do not change this though, the viewer can still easily make sense of it and it is still a good film. I liked it overall and think you guys should be proud of it!
I liked how well everything flowed. My favorite part was the end news scene. I've never seen that before making it super unique. I think it really helps everything tie in.
The only thing a little confusing was how the "bad" person got in the house.
Maybe include how they got in the house and show them to be the one spiking the drink.
The music fit well to the video. Each follow shot was done good so that there wasn't shakiness. I especially enjoyed the over the shoulder follow shot at 0:15. The shots from the spiked drink to Kelly at the toilet were effective in creating suspense. Overall this was a great movie opening, with the news report scene making it even better. Both Kelly and Chiara did well in not looking straight into the camera lens for the most part.
A different blanket is used before she lies down and when she is resting.
Use the same blanket for both shots. Avoid looking straight into the camera (1:17).
The music and transitions as the person is stalking the girl is really entertaining. The end when it pans to the news clip is the best part of the film and is super creative.
No i wasn't confused about anything.
I have no changes for that film it was really good and I enjoyed watching the entire thing.
The music, the over the shoulder shot, follow shot of the car and the close up were all amazing!
No confusion
Everything was great, just wish Kelly didn't look at the camera before she fell on the bed
I think the scary audio clips they used, they definitely built suspense. I also liked the quick cuts and different angles.
I got the general idea of what the intended plot was trying to be, but at first I was confused when the main character started getting sick. At first there was no sign in the mysterious person poisoning her so I was confused. I also don't understand why the end said "24 hours earlier"
I think make it more clear that the mysterious person poisioned the main character. Also possibly add some dialogue.
I liked the great editing on the video and the little news thing in the end of the video.
Nothing confused me during the video.
One suggestion that i had for the video is that it showed a girls hand putting in the poison in the drink but the stalker was a guy.


Summary and Thoughts:

Overall, our opening received positive feedback. However, there did seem to be some confusion when it came to the part of the girl getting poisoned. People seemed to be confused at who was mixing in the so called "poison", and how the girl exactly got poisoned. People also seemed to enjoy the music, the over-the-shoulder shot taken in the beginning of the opening, and the news clip at the end of the video. Most of the suggestions we received said that we should show a more clear and obvious scene of the killer poisoning Kelly's Starbuck's drink. A few people also mentioned that Kelly looked into the camera in a few shots, so they suggested that we fix that. 

My group plans on including the title and names of the actors in the opening because we realized we had not done that. With the information we received my group plans on fixing the scenes where Kelly is looking into the camera by reshooting them, but making sure she does not look into the camera. We will also make sure that we film a scene where our stalker is clearly and obviously poisoning Kelly's drink, so people will not be confused about how Kelly got poisoned. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start of AICE Media

Week 4 Preparing to Film