Sound Effects

This link will take you to the new edited version of 5 Master Edits with Sound 

Sound Effects Added Comments: 

1) Music: I added music to my example of contrast. In the first scene of the example with the birds sitting on the building, I added calm background music called "a quiet thought". In the second scene of the example I added the music called "wild battle crowd approach" to the clip of Kelly running. Adding background music is a form of non-diegetic sound. Both of these additions of music to the scene allows the audience to have a better understanding of what is really going on in each of the characters minds.

2) Direct Sound: I left the direct sound in my example of leit motif. The sound is what causes the rest of the actions in the scene to happen. The sound helps to connect the two scenes together because they both contain the same sound. Direct sound is also a form of diegetic sound. The sound allows the audience to understand that the people are being woken up in both scenes.

3) Post Synchronization Dubbing: In my simultaneity example, I chose to add two different sounds of post synchronization dubbing, which were not included in the original videos. I downloaded a file of underwater bubbles and added it to the clip of the fish swimming. Then I downloaded a file of a cat purring and added it to the clip of the cat eating. This addition of sound helps the viewer see that while the fish is swimming the fish tank, the cat is eating outside of the fish tank. The sound appears to be coming right from the characters and setting in the scenes. These sounds also allow the audience to become interested in the characters because of how realistic the sounds seems to be.

4) Voice-over: I to away the direct sound on my parallelism clip and added a voice-over to better explain the transition. By adding the voice-over the audience is able to better comprehend why the girls are shown wearing the same hoodie. Voice-over is a form of non-diegetic sound. The voice-over allows the audience to connect more with the characters displayed in the scenes because they are able to hear the story behind the hoodie.

5) Music: I added music to the example of symbolism. In the first scene of the example where the picture of the great pyrenees shown, I added "glitter" music. In the second scene of the example where it displays an actual great pyrenees, I added "fairy dust" music. By adding music to each of the scenes, the audience is able to better comprehend what is occurring within the scenes and how they connect to become an example symbolism. Adding background music is a form of non-diegetic sound.

Comments

  1. I liked what Reene did in her example of symbolism because if there was not music i probably would not have understood the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your use of the post synchronization dubbing for the fish and cat video. First of all, I LOVE animals so it was so cute to hear the cat's purring. Secondly, I think the under water noise was a good sound addition because it seems very realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Start of AICE Media

Week 4 Preparing to Film