Film Shot Assignment


Extreme long shot: I took this video in Yosemite National Park this past summer. I was trying to get a full shot of the buffalo with the mountains in the back. I zoomed out as much as I could to fit as the grasslands in the video. This shot allows the audience to have a full view of the scenery. 



High Angle Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. I noticed that it was hard to keep the camera still and straight while shooting from above. During an actual film I would probably need a tripod or something else to keep it stable. This shot makes it possible for the audience to view the subjects from above instead of from a normal angle.



Close Up Shot: I took this video at Lely High School. I realized it was hard to follow the hand to the ground as I zoomed in. It was also a little difficult to keep the camera focused on the hand while it was moving. This shot allows the audience to view the an isolated part of the subject.



Extreme Close-Up Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. While taking the shot I noticed that it was difficult to find a good angle of the eye of the subject, so the shot is not completely still. This shot gives the audience a different perspective of the subject. It allows the audience to analyze the subject's emotions.



Low-Angle Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. I felt that this shot was the hardest to take because of how low the angle needs to be in order to get multiple faces in the shot. In fact, I had to put the camera on the floor in order to get a good enough shot. This shot provides the audience with a unique view of the subjects and allows the subjects to be viewed in a more vulnerable way.



Establishing Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. The shot acts as an introduction for Lely High School. This shot was definitely less complicated than most of the other shots. The establishing shot introduces a place to the audience.



Point-of-View Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. This shot was much more difficult than more of the other shots. I had to have someone else hold the camera for me while I put my hands out in front of the camera. This shot gives the audience a chance to see the story from the subject's point-of-view.



Full Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. This shot was easier to take than the other shots. This shot allows the audience to have a full view of the subject from head to toe. This shot can set the tone of a story because it gives the audience a chance to see the subject as a whole.



Pan Shot: I took this shot at Lely High School. While I was taking this shot, I noticed that it was difficult to keep the camera on a continuous rotation at the same level. It was also hard to keep the camera steady while rotating it. This shot provides the audience with a panoramic view of the area presented in the scene.



Tilt Shot: This shot was taken at a Starbucks. This shot was simple and easy to complete. The tilt shot shows the audience more of an area than they would usually see in a normal eye level shot. This shot gives the audience a more detailed view of the scene.



Long Shot: This shot was taken at Starbucks. This shot was simple to take. This shot offers a different perspective of the subject to the audience. This shot allows the audience to see where the subject likes to go and what their surroundings tend to look like.




Eye Level Shot: This shot was taken at Starbucks. Although this video might have been awkward to take, it was not a hard shot to take. This shot provides the audience with a face to face experience with the subject. The audience it able to feel like they are being looked at by the subject.





Comments

  1. 1. The extreme long shot was beautiful! However, it could have been improved by holding the camera steadily.

    2. The establishing shot was great and it definitely captured to calm mood of the setting. It would be a great movie-opener.

    3. The tilt shot was good as well. It gave me more of a view of the setting than I would get from a typical eye level shot.

    4. I love the point of view shot because it is very personal and makes the audience feel like they are actually in the setting of the shot. I'm sure it was hard to film, but Renee executed it will by having someone else film while she stuck her hands out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Start of AICE Media

Week 4 Preparing to Film